Woman badly burned on birthday after hibachi grill exploded in her face

A woman’s 26th birthday ended in disaster after a hibachi grill exploded in her face.

Samantha Myers was left burns all over her face and neck after the painful mishap at Kimono Japanese Steakhouse in Paragould, Arkansas, on Sunday. She told KAIT: ‘He makes our food and does the volcano trick with the fire. After he does that, he lights it, and fire goes everywhere.’

She told KATV that both she and the chef caught on fire. She added: ‘It happened so fast, I kind of just jumped back and I was like, “I’m on fire”.’

After the explosion, Myers said she ran to the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face. The flames singed off her eyelashes and eyebrows and burned her hair, she said.


She went to a hospital where she was treated for first-degree burns on her face and second-degree burns on her chest and neck.

On Tuesday, she was treated for an infection on her eyelids. Myers said she had a nightmare about the ordeal after the accident.

She said: ‘I just feel emotionally and physically drained. I’m tired and I’m hurting pretty badly.’

The restaurant did not make her family pay for their meals and they later offered to pay for her medical bills.

Myers and her husband, Kobe Myers, hired a layer on Monday to guide them through the steps they would need to take to file a lawsuit.

She added: ‘We really don’t know. Whatever the lawyer thinks we need to do because I’m going to have this for the rest of my life.’


Source: Read Full Article