Boy George’s ‘special’ veggie meals will be ‘more gross’ and ‘more stinky’
ITV Bosses have insisted Boy George can do eating trials on I'm A Celebrity despite being a vegetarian – and insist his dishes "stink" and are worse than the meat options.
The singer, 61, is said to have thrashed out his ITV contract with stipulations about his food whilst on the show.
Executive producer Olly Nash said: "We have always got alternatives if people are vegan or vegetarian and either need to eat in camp, and don't want to eat the main meal, or for the trials.
In 2020 many viewers complained when Corrie star Beverley Callard did an eating trial in North Wales to win stars from camp.
Ant and Dec told viewers the actor was vegan and therefore avoided animal-based food such as lambs' brains.
At one point she ate fermented plums whilst DJ Jordan North was stuck with a deer testicle, which seemed a much worse trial.
But discussing possible food options for Boy George in the eating trials, Olly added: "It's actually, weirdly, more stinky and more gross than eating the meat products."
Bosses are trying out new things for the celebs to eat this year. During a tour of the camp, we were invited to drink a shot of blended camel testicles. Fish eyes are also again on the menu as in previous years.
The popular ITV show is finally returning to the Australian jungle this year, after being broadcast for two years from the UK, due to Covid restrictions.
It was filmed in a castle in Wales, with contestants forced to endure testing conditions in the UK winter.
Earlier this year, ITV confirmed that the show would be returning to Australia with a teaser which said: "Returning to its home in Australia after a two-year break, our celebrities will leave their plush pads and luxuries far behind as they spend up to three weeks taking on the Australian jungle with a whole host of surprises created for them."
In May, Ant and Dec, who also host Saturday Night Takeaway, discussed the news on Heart Radio, telling Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston: "The plan is we're going back to Australia. It's got to go back to hits spiritual home. Everyone wants to see a bit of sunshine at that time of year on the telly."
I'm a Celebrity looks set to be an exciting show this year, with Boy George joining Tory MP Matt Hancock, Love Island star Olivia Attwood, royal Mike Tindall, radio host Chris Moyles and other stars.
I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! begins on Sunday 6 November on ITV at 9pm.
I'm A Celeb winner warns Matt Hancock to be 'very very careful' ahead of jungle stint
GMB's Susanna calls Matt Hancock's I'm A Celeb entry 'degrading' over 'penis eating' trials
Matt Hancock says I'm A Celeb stint will promote dyslexia campaign as he defends backlash
I'm A Celebrity 2022 offcial line-up in full – Royal, Boy George and soap superstar
- Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter
Source: Read Full Article