Duggar cousin John Andrew Studdard is 'in talks' to star on reality show after family's series Counting On is canceled
DUGGAR cousin John Andrew Studdard is “in talks” to star on a new reality show after his family’s series, Counting On, was canceled in light of Josh’s child pornography arrest.
Josh, 33, was arrested and charged with possessing and receiving child pornography in April. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The family’s TLC reality show, Counting On, was canceled soon after the arrest.
A source exclusively revealed to The Sun that John Andrew, who is the adoptive son of Jim Bob’s cousin, is now in talks to star on his own show.
An insider said: “John Andrew has been approached to possibly do something, but nothing is set. It would be about him navigating his life as an Asian American.
“You don’t see many Asian Americans on reality TV or in Hollywood in general. He wants the opportunity to change that. Growing up being the only Asian person has been a struggle for him.
“He's ready to show his authentic self. Doing reality TV is something he wants to take over now that his family is off TV.”
John Andrew's platform over the years has been promoting LGTBQ rights and bringing awareness to Asian lives.
He was raised in a less strict household than his famous cousins.
John Andrew, 31, previously told The Sun that he “feels” for them following the cancellation of the show.
He said: “It’s sad. I reached out to one of the family members in May. But it’s probably best that they take a break from TV and settle their issues behind closed doors.”
He continued that he believes his cousin Josh should suffer the consequences of his alleged actions.
He said when asked if he should get prison time: “I think anyone should have a consequence for doing something illegal and awful. What he did was very wrong.”
Josh’s wife Anna, who is pregnant with their seventh child, is standing by her husband despite the charges.
John Andrew said of her decision: “I’m not surprised Anna is standing by him. Divorce is like a big no no for them.
“I would never stay with anyone after that… I don’t know how they think.”
As The Sun reported, Josh pleaded not guilty to the two child pornography counts.
The trial has been reset to November 30 and has the potential to last until December 3.
The former 19 Kids and Counting star is currently on home confinement until his trial and is living with third party custodians LaCount and Maria Reber, who are longtime friends of Jim Bob and Michelle.
Josh is residing in a massive mansion in Elkins, Arkansas with the Reber family.
The Arkansas judge on the case ordered Josh to wear a GPS ankle monitor.
Josh has unlimited access to his children with Anna present.
After The Sun broke the news of the show’s cancellation, TLC released in a statement: "TLC will not be producing additional seasons of Counting On.
"TLC feels it is important to give the Duggar family the opportunity to address their situation privately."
Source: Read Full Article