Brian Laundrie search: Inside $78-a-night motel where Gabby Petito's fiancé stayed after fight sparked police stop

GABBY Petito's fiancé Brian Laundrie stayed in a $78-a-night motel after police stopped them following a call about domestic violence, it has been revealed.

Staff at the Bowen Motel in Moab, Utah, confirmed the 23-year-old had stayed at the accommodation after police took him there on August 12.

According to the motel, the police do not have an arrangement set up with them but that it was a last-minute arrangement.

Bowen Motel said that they have been cooperating with the police's investigation into Gabby's murder.

13 days before the Gabby went missing, Moab City Police Department pulled the couple over after a 911 call was made about a domestic violence incident.

Harrowing body camera footage of the incident was released by the Moab PD, showing officers pulling over the couple in their 2012 white Ford Transit van.

With tears streaming down her face, Petito told the officer: "We've just been fighting this morning. Some personal issues."

Petito was visibly distressed as she explained to the officer what they had been arguing about, while Laundrie was seen joking and laughing with the cops.

"We have been fighting all morning and he wouldn't let me in the car before," she said, telling the cops Laundrie "really stresses me out" and it had been a "rough morning".

Petito admitted hitting Laundrie, who told the officers with a smile that he had pushed Gabby several times in a bid to fend her off.

Scratches are visible on his face and arm, according to a police report.

Elsewhere in the clip, Petito is interviewed again while sitting in the back of the cop car.

An officer asks her if Laundrie hit her. She responds "I guess" through tears, and then clasps her chin in a grabbing motion to reenact what Laundrie allegedly did.

"He like, did that with his hand," she says, as the audio cuts out.

She adds that she suffers from "anxiety" and that Laundrie "gets frustrated a lot."

According to police, Petito and Laundrie were reluctant to separate but ultimately agreed to do so.

They helped Laundie stay at the Bowen Motel while Petito took possession of the van.

The bodycam footage was captured 13 days before Petito was last seen in person.

Petito, who had been traveling across the country with Laundrie in their camper van since July 2, was last known to have been visiting Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on August 25.

She was officially reported missing by her mom on September 11, two weeks after she'd last spoken to her daughter on the phone, and ten days after Laundrie returned home to Florida in their van without her.

An autopsy performed on Tuesday confirmed that the body of Gabby had been found in Wyoming.


Laundrie is now being hunted by the FBI after an arrest warrant was issued for the 23-year-old.

Laundrie is accused of swiping Gabby's Capital One debit card and running up a $1,000 balance from August 31 until September 1.

The statement revealed that “On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie."

"No piece of information is too small or inconsequential to support our efforts in this investigation," the statement added.

Gabby's family is asking for donations ahead of her funeral to the future Gabby Petito Foundation.

Attorney Richard Stafford says they can be made electronically at:

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article