Girl, 8, mom, 33, and grandfather, 62, ALL drowned in new pool after child got into difficulty and adults couldn’t swim – The Sun
THREE family members drowned in a new pool after a child got into difficulty and the adults couldn't swim.
An eight-year-old girl, her 33-year-old mom, and 62-year-old grandfather, all drowned in the swimming pool of a New Jersey home on Monday afternoon.
The Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office confirmed the three family members drowned in the pool at 43 Clearview Road, News 12 New Jersey reported.
Neighbor Vishal Makin told News 12 that the family had recently gotten their new pool serviced as they moved into the home not long ago.
“We were so excited for them, it's the right weather…such a bad sad day,” Makin said.
The young girl – identified by neighbors as Sacchi – had struggled to swim after jumping into the above-ground pool of the family's home in East Brunswick, sources told NBC New York.
A source told the news outlet that the child jumped into the six- or seven-foot deep section of the backyard pool of their newly purchased home.
Her aunt then called for help, prompting the grandfather to jump in, but he had difficulty because he didn't know how to swim, according to the source.
The girl's mom, who also didn't know how to swim, tried to save her daughter.
The aunt had been trying to get outside help, but later was able to reach the girl – who had already drowned.
The gruesome discovery of all three bodies were found after a 911 call was received around 4.18pm from a neighbor reporting a possible fall victim after they heard screams.
However, when emergency responders arrived, they found the three victims submerged in the water in an oval-shaped pool.
The home, which the family reportedly moved in to around one month ago, was surrounded by police, ambulances, and neighbors late into Monday evening.
Public records reveal the home was bought for $451,000 two months ago.
An electrician also showed up at the scene, which raised questions that the three family members were possibly electrocuted.
"Electrocution was not a factor," a police spokesperson told the DailyMail.
Speaking at a press conference outside the property, Lieutenant Frank Sutter said: “A neighbor heard screaming and dialed 911.
"It came in as a fall victim, but turned out to be a drowning.
"All the deceased were taken out of the pool, and CPR was done. They were all pronounced in the backyard.”
Source: Read Full Article