Inside the gruesome blood-soaked home where 'son, 32, hacked up parents and dissolved corpses in acid'

JURORS were shown graphic images and video inside the home where a Louisiana man allegedly stabbed and dismembered his parents over Thanksgiving weekend – and then tried to hide their bodies in a gruesome stew of acid.

The trial for Joel Guy Jr, 32, began in Knoxville, Tennessee on Monday, where prosecutors detailed the grizzly scene authorities encountered while entering their West Knox County home.

Guy Jr is alleged to have hacked up his father, Joel Michael Guy Sr, 61, and his mother, Lisa Guy, 55, during Thanksgiving weekend in 2016, and then dunking their bodies in acid in attempt to hide their remains.

Prosecutors believe Guy Jr first stabbed his father to death in an upstairs exercise room on November 26, 2016. He is then believed to have ambushed and stabbed his mother to death when she came home from a shopping trip.

Guy Jr is then said to have dismembered his parents' bodies and attempted to dissolve some of their remains, including his mother's head, in a pot filled with acid.

Knox County Sheriff's Office Major Michael MacLean testified "Joel placed pieces of the bodies in an acid-based solution in an attempt to destroy evidence."

Sandy Campbell, of the Knox County Sheriff's Office, then took the witness stand and brought jurors through a 30-minute video of her walking through the bloodbath crime scene.

Blood pooling on the carpeted floor provide a trail throughout the house, where shredded and bloodied clothing are scattered in the kitchen area.

Also visible in the horrific video is a severed human hand on the floor in Guy Jr's parents' gym.

Campbell narrated the kitchen portion of the video, showing a large metal pot covered with a lid. Inside the pot was Lisa Guy's severed head.

Campbell also detailed encountering two large blue plastic bins with semi-solid and partially liquified human remains floating at the top of the liquid. Prosecutors found the scene too graphic and blurred that portion of the video.

Prosecutors described the liquid mix as a "diabolical stew of human remains."

Knox County prosecutor Leslie Nassios detailed Guy Jr's brutal killing of his parents, saying he stabbed his father 42 times, with some slashes severing his ribs and puncturing his liver, lungs, and kidneys.

Nassios said Guy Sr fought for his life after an autopsy revealed his hands were cut off at the wrists and his right foot was removed at the ankle. His arms were also severed from the shoulder blade, and his legs were hacked off near the hip.

Guy Jr stabbed his mother Lisa 31 times, severing nine of her ribs. He also cut her legs below the knee, and removed her arms at the shoulder.

Guy Jr was prepared well in advance for his accused murders, prosecutors say. They detailed reminders he had written himself, including "get killing knives," "kill him with knife. Clean up mess before she gets home," "kill her with knife," "flush chunks down toilet, not garbage disposal," "get a sledgehammer to crush bones," and "body gives time of death, alibi."

Prosecutors also said Guy Jr had scheduled a message to send from his mother's phone while he was in Louisiana to "prove she was alive."

Prosecutors believe Guy Jr had a financial motivation for the brutal bloodbath of his parents, saying his parents had been planning to stop giving him money.

His parents, who worked as engineers, were supporting Guy Jr while he was studying to be a plastic surgeon in Baton Rouge, and had been in college for nine years. His parents were set to retire and stop supporting him.

A section entitled "Assets" was written in Guy Jr's notes, laying out his plan to hide his dad's body and inherit his mother's $500,000 life insurance.

"Money all mine," he wrote, "I get the whole thing."

His sister and half-sister also testified, saying they knew Lisa and Guy Sr. were planning on stopping their support payments to Guy Jr and were going to tell him during Christmas.

The two allegedly told his half-sister Angela it "was time for Joel Michael to stand on his own two feet."

Guy Jr celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday with his parents and three sisters on Wednesday, November 23, and returned home that Sunday, on November 27.

When Lisa didn't clock in at work on Monday, her supervisor Jennifer Whitehead made several calls to her phone, but was worried when all went unanswered.

Whitehead called the authorities and asked for a welfare check, which is when police encountered the bloodbath, with some officers even having a "physical reaction" to the chemical and decaying flesh odor in the home. The thermostat was also set to 90 degrees.

Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty against Guy Jr.

Source: Read Full Article