Rabbit dies from shock after shaking and squeaking during fireworks display
A pet owner has called for an end to fireworks after a display caused her pet rabbit to die from shock.
Donna Pilgrim released a harrowing video of her rabbit Archie shaking due to the noise of a nearby fireworks display.
The beloved one-year-old bunny went into shock after hearing loud bangs from outside.
Donna, 60, was told by vets to try and keep him warm in a quiet place, but said he laid on his side and wouldn't stop shaking.
Tragic puppy dies from heart attack after ‘fireworks frighten her to death’
Border collie filmed shaking in fear at fireworks as furious owner demands ban
The following morning, Donna, from Cornwall, heartbreakingly revealed Archie had died from shock.
Donna said: "Sadly my sweet little Archie is no longer with us.
"I am so uset but so damn angry too. He was happily eating his supper at 5.30pm, then the fireworks started.
"He let out a squeal and and laid on his side and wouldn't stop shaking.
"Veterinary advice was to keep him warm and quiet, and all you could do was hope for the best. It was a shock reaction."
She wrote: "My poor little man. He's just had a huge amount of fireworks go off outside.
"As you can see, although he's snug with his hay and his little house where he usually lays. He's now just trembling and shaking in his bed.
"This is the cruelty and reality of fireworks. I'm just hoping and praying that he's still with me tomorrow.
"I found him lying on his side and shaking. He's obviously traumatised by it all.
"So for that few quid's worth going up in smoke, that could do so much more, for so many animals or people in need.
"I hope you enjoyed your five minutes of fun. I think I'll be very lucky to have Archie in the morning."
Donna then revealed to her followers that Archie had died just over 12 hours later.
She added: "I hope the money you spent for a few seconds of horrible noise was worth it.
"Let's keep fighting to get Fireworks banned for the welfare of all animals, pets and wildlife.
"It's heart breaking when they die. R.I.P Archie."
There have been several appeals to ban fireworks this year due to their impact on animals.
Source: Read Full Article